cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 clients backup returning error status 112

philalbert
Level 4

I'm unable to backup 3 clients, I always get error code 112, but I can't find what's wrong.

Anyone can help me and let me know which logs I should be looking at please?

Thanks

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

NBU version 7.7.3, OS: Windows 2012 R2

They are in the same policy, with many working clients. Policy type MS-Windows.

I tried connecting to the agent from the master and I get "cannot connect on socket". I ran bptestbpcd.exe from the master and it couldn't connect. (I didn't try this before opening the discussion...silly me)

Looks like the windows firewall was activated on these clients. I added Netbackup to the exceptions and now it works.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please tell us more about these 3 clients - 

NBU version and OS?

How is Policy/policies configured for these clients?
Should the policy generate multiple data streams?
Can the master server connect to these clients to discover streams?

Status Code Reference Guide says:

This status code may occur if nbjm is running and a stream discovery fails to
find all stream files. Examine the nbjm unified log (originator ID 117) for more
details on the cause of the error.

The troubleshooting guide might have some hints too, in the by status code section

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

NBU version 7.7.3, OS: Windows 2012 R2

They are in the same policy, with many working clients. Policy type MS-Windows.

I tried connecting to the agent from the master and I get "cannot connect on socket". I ran bptestbpcd.exe from the master and it couldn't connect. (I didn't try this before opening the discussion...silly me)

Looks like the windows firewall was activated on these clients. I added Netbackup to the exceptions and now it works.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

sclind
   VIP   

I just had this with a Win 2003 server just now.  We could not RDP into the server nor access it at the console.  We had to power cylce the box.