cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6.5.5 + BMR [Error] V-121-7 An error occurred while discovering drivers.

BMR-Dude
Level 2
I'm running Netbackup v6.5.5 and getting the errors below when i try to backup Virtual machines that have the BMR option and all drives selected in there policy (W2K3 on Esxi3.5).

[Error] V-121-7 An error occurred while discovering drivers.
[Error] V-121-19 Failed to run Windows specific tasks.
[Error] V-121-35 BMR information discovery failed.

I get the same result when i run bmrsavecfg -infoonly manually at the machine.

The point is that all worked when i tested in my Lab, only difference was that both servers (Netbackup) and Virtual client run that time on one Esxi box.

With normal physical Windows i do not have this problem, and BMR works perfectly.

Any thoughts ?
2 REPLIES 2

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hello,

I'm a newbie here, but usually I got this error and the problem was names (dns) issue

try to use the /etc/hosts

just a try.

By the way,  IF your backup ran status 0, w/ BMR option, I think U won't need a discover if  you wanna restore to the same hardware

BMR-Dude
Level 2
Hi Claudio,

Thank you for your time, unfortunately it was not a DNS names problem since the complete backup runs fine except the BMR driver snap-shot.
In the meantime i was able to find the problem, you have to update the drivers with-in W2K3 (device manager) not connect to internet but just
use the recommended again. Then reboot the host and the problem is solved ! My complete BMR setup in an isolated VLAN with PXE is working as it should be :)