cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.1 - Override Policy Volume Pool greyed out - back again?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Running the Netbackup Admin Console on Windows 7 32bit Corporate. Logged on as a user of the local admin group.

Creating or editing any policies schedules, the override policy volume pool check box is greyed out.

This I am aware was an issue in the 6.5 days and moreso round MS-SQL Policy types. However, this is not a MS-SQL Policy type and I was prone to this behaviour back in those days.

Now on 7.1 it appears again.

NBU 7.1 (Master SLES 11) (without any subsequent hotfixes - except the EEB during my 6.5.5 to 7.1 Upgrade to stop the policy update taking hours.)

I do have policies which have override policy volume pools set. I can change the volume pool from a drop-down but cannnot change the status of the check box.

For new policies I just dont have the override choice.

BUG? I don't see any references in the 7.1 Late Breaking News to any fixes relevant to this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a bizarre behaviour as haven't had to do this before.

In the Change Schedule dialog you have to explicitly:

Check 'Override policy storage selection'

- choose a storage unit. (Even when I want it to be the the same as the policy!)

At the point of choosing a storage unit, (not checking the box!) the checkbox becomes available for 'Override policy volume pool'

Bizarre.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

Have you try to configure the policy with bpplsched or bppllist commands just to check if the override applies and later go back to the GUI and see if checkbox appears. Other thing I have see in the past is that when you have an older Java Version than the master server version you dont see some stuff like in the SLP on 6.5 vs 6.5.6 where we was unable to see a bunch of new capabilities that the SLP's had.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am able to modify the schedules volume pool from the command line but not from the Windows GUI sad

bpplschedrep policy schedule -pool <different_pool_to_policy_volume_pool>

Saravana
Level 3

while opening the console , Right click and "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" .

now try to edit the same!

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Also - make sure your Destination Storage Unit on the attributes tab is not a Storage Lifecycle Policy as this will also disable it as it has no meaning.

If the Attributes goes to your Daily SLP then you would override the Weekly schedule to use your Weekly SLP etc.

Hope this helps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Run As Administrator had no effect.

However, there is something in that.... for the BAR GUI

Detailed info: Windows 7 32bit Corporate

I log onto the PC as a Domain User. This user account is a member in the Local Administrators group of this PC.

When I ran the Backup Archive Restore GUI and went to NetBackup Client Properties it showed (Read-Only)

Now when I Run As Administrator the BAR GUI I dont see the Read-Only status next to the Properties.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a bizarre behaviour as haven't had to do this before.

In the Change Schedule dialog you have to explicitly:

Check 'Override policy storage selection'

- choose a storage unit. (Even when I want it to be the the same as the policy!)

At the point of choosing a storage unit, (not checking the box!) the checkbox becomes available for 'Override policy volume pool'

Bizarre.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Are you sure that the storage unit used in the attributes tab was not an SLP - does seem strange if it wasn't

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't use SLP.

Does anyone else have this behaviour.?

Have tested on 2 systems (both Windows 7) same behaviour.

bbahnmiller
Level 4

Interesting. I was trying to change volume pools for one of my NDMP backup schedules. Ran into exactly the same thing. Looking in the tech notes, this was supposed to be fixed in 6.5. Obviously it crept back in again.