cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.6.0.x on SFWHA 6.0.1

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Has anybody anywhere deployed 7.6.0.x on SFWHA 6.0.1? Please share your experience.

Thanks

Riaan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Supported according to the NetBackup 7.x Cluster Compatibility List on 2008 and 2008 R2 page 6

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126902

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Supported according to the NetBackup 7.x Cluster Compatibility List on 2008 and 2008 R2 page 6

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126902

RiaanBadenhorst

Thanks Nikolai,

I'm keen to see if someone has actually installed it. The guides contradict each other (SF and NBU).

I don't know who to believe and therefore want proof :)

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

oh no ;)

I haven't installed it since I am running a Linux shop. So my advice to you would be support. In general contradicting manual should be reported to Symantec for clarification.

Lets hope somebody else passes by with previous experience ....

RiaanBadenhorst

I reported it to them, then i saw that they removed half of the document, and also the column that used to state which component is supported in the clustered configuration (master, or SQL agent, or Oracle Agent, etc).

Too confusing!

RiaanBadenhorst

Hello

So I finally got confirmation from PM that 6.0.1 is supported with 7.6.0.2. I also got confirmation that 6.1 is not supported and it is buggy and will probably be fixed in 7.6.0.3 (or 4).

Even though 7.6 is not listed, the support since 7.5 statement means it is supported. One might think its obvious but in IT its recommended not to assume anything :p

Installed it this week and it all works fine.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Nice update Riaan yes