cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.7.1 Upgrade Question

backup-botw
Level 6

I am getting ready to upgrade my Netbackup environment from 7.6.0.2 to 7.7.1 this week and have a question in regards to what all I need to upload. I have download the gunzip packages for Solaris and RedHat that I need as well as some of the other products I need as well, but I cant seem to find it in the install or upgrade documentation anywhere as to what all is needed. In previous versions I recall having to upload the base package for the OS as well as the clients zip files as well. Is this still the case or is the client upgrade now included in the base package? Has anything changed with the installer or do you still just run ./install? I did see that in the install doc, but figured I would verify.

I have the Solaris SPARC gunzip, LinuxR for the the redhat servers and also have clients1 and clients2, but I want to be sure I upload only whats needed.

I have reviewed the SORT site as well, but didnt find any of the basic information in regards to installing/upgrading Netbackup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

For 7.7.1 its an install, not a patch, so you don't need to put the clients files along with the server packages when you're installing.

Clients 1 contains HPUX, AIX, SOLARIS, etc. Clients 2 contains the Linux'es.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

backup-botw
Level 6

Also is it necessary to do everything in the same day or can we spread it out of the week I have a change open to do the upgrade?

My plan was to do OpsCenter today, 2 masters and 6 disk attached media servers tomorrow and then the VMware hosts and remaining SAN media servers Wednesday and Thursday.

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

For 7.7.1 its an install, not a patch, so you don't need to put the clients files along with the server packages when you're installing.

Clients 1 contains HPUX, AIX, SOLARIS, etc. Clients 2 contains the Linux'es.