cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

84 media write error (disk)

nbustarter380
Level 6

Hello,

We are getting 84 media write errors for a backup (nightly)  on a windows 2003 client. This backup is going to disk and its the only backup thats getting an 84 on the master server.  Need help solving issue, I have attached logs  below

Here is some info ..

windows 2003 32 bit

Netbackup client 7.6.0.3

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nbustarter380
Level 6

Hi Marianne,

Another backup seems to have solved this issue, he created a new policy and instead of selecting "All-Local-Drives" in the backup selection list he separated the directories individually i.e  below

System State:\

C:\

D:\

E:\

The backups are completing successfully.

Thanks again for your help!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
We will need bptm and bpdm logs on the master/media server. Please copy logs to .txt files (instead of Word docs) and upload. Text files can be opened online without the need to download the docs. Please post all text in Details tab as well. Tell us more about the disk storage. Basic? Advanced? MSDP? If MSDP, is client side dedupe enabled?

nbustarter380
Level 6

Hi Marianne,

Another backup seems to have solved this issue, he created a new policy and instead of selecting "All-Local-Drives" in the backup selection list he separated the directories individually i.e  below

System State:\

C:\

D:\

E:\

The backups are completing successfully.

Thanks again for your help!

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The fact that another backup with changed Backup Selection is pure coincidence. Status 84 is I/O error on the media server while writing to backup device.