cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIR error 84 during Replication,status 191

paultang
Level 3

I have some issues with AIR. OS isWindows 2008 R2and Windows 2012,NBU version is 7.7.3 .AIR will error,status 191.Please check the attached details.Please help me.Thank you.

21 REPLIES 21

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It's right there in the error message. Did you verify the comms?

Replication started but failed to complete successfully: NetConnectByAddr: Failed to connect to spoold on port 10082 using the following interface(s): [ 10.205.8.10 ]

Thank you for you help. I use the command Telnet test is normal access.Port 10082 is normal access.

Hamza_H
   VIP   

hello,

Did you test that in bidirectional?

BR.

Yes.I did a bidirectional test.Port 10082 normal.Have some job can AIR.But some job can't AIR.

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hello,

please check if spoold is running on the media server i guess prd-nbu7?

a restart of nbu services won't hurt (check with bpps to confirm that all the services are stopped before starting them back, if some are haning, kill them..)

the other AIR that are running, are there from/to the same media servers?

also, check logs:  bpdm logs spad, spoold, storage.d replication ..

BR

Hello,

I check PRD-NBU7 and PRD-NBU02 spooId is running.

I already use "bpdown" command kill nbu services and "bpup" command restart nbu services.

Please check the attached details.

I check Two Master not has same media servers.

You tell me check logs.I not found logs location.Thank you!

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hello,

as per the detailled status, it is clear said :

__sosend: _crStreamWrite failed: connection reset by peer. Look at the replication logs on the source storage server for more information.

Then to find the replications logs:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/25074086-127355784-0/v95643184-127355784

On the media server which is the prd-nbu7 (which in ur case also the master) , navigate to : /storage_path/log/spad/replication.log

Log files in the storage_path/log/spoold directory, as follows:

The spoold.log file is the main log file

The storaged.log file is for queue processing.

The log files are in the /storage_path/log/spad directory, as follows:

spad.log

**edit** : bpdm log is on the master Media (my bad I thought it was bpdbm): (which is prd-nbu7) install_path\veritas\netbackup\logs (if the folder doesn't exist, create it) , then go to the media server's properties on the administration console and select logging > bpdm > verbosity level(3)

Then send these logs after that the replication jobs fails.

BR.

Marianne

bpdm and bptm log folders must be created on the source and destination media servers. 
The log folders do not exist by default.

Please increase logging level on media servers to 3 for bpdm and bptm processes. 

Hello,

Thank you for your help! I'll follow your instructions.

Thank you for your help! I check to see if the relevant path exists and  create it

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hello @paultang,

Wondering if you were able to resolve this issue?

BR.

Hello,I found the logs file.But I can't found the spad.log.And I can't read these logs.I think this problem is very difficult.

Krutons
   VIP   

You might need to include your network team in troubleshooting this.

spad logs would help, please look here. Replication session logs from the target (/log/spoold/<source_master>/spad/Store)

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

@paultang - hey Paul - I had the same errors and same symptoms as you, and for me it turned out that the problem was a failing / flapping network switch port on one of four 1Gb bonded cross-site WAN pipes.  This customer had four NetBackup domains, configured as two pairs :

NBU setup 1 :

one 5230 v2.7.3 Master/Media at site A       one 5230 v2.7.3 Master/Media at site B

NBU setup 2 :

one Win 2016 Master v8.1.1 at site A           one Win 2016 Master v8.1.1 at site B

one 5240 v3.1.1 Media at site A                   one 5340 v3.1.1 Media at site B

Both NBU setups were using the very same cross-site WAN links for their NetBackup AIR replication, but only the first older v2.7.3 environments were affected, in both directions, by the failing flapping network switch port.  As soon as the faulty network switch port was closed then NetBackup AIR replication was ok again.

So I suspect that your problem is a network related issue of some sort.

A very typical problem is that network switches close down TCP conversations that the switches think have failed / timed-out / gone-idle, so the typical solution is to implement longer TCP keep alives.

It was never clear to me why the v8.1.1 / v3.1.1 pair of NBU setup 2 was not affected, but I think that was either down to src-mac/dst-mac bonding algo, or more likely was different routing meant that the newer NetBackup environment traffic was routed via one / two of the WAN links that did not have the faulty network switch port.

CadenL

Are you using jumbo frames for replication?

It might be worth making sure that there isn't anywhere on the network where the MTU is configured to an unsuitable value

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

@CadenL makes a very good point... which I will attempt briefly to expand upon... in my travels I've seen weird behaviour on networks when even tunnelling affects MTU by say 20 bytes.  Anyway, not all jumbo devices (and that means A and B end - i.e. TCP stacks on servers (V or P) and TCP stacks in actual physical network switches) support the same max size... e.g. some switches allow / support 9500 byte jumbo frames, whereas some only allow / suppory say 9100 byte jumbo frames... and so... if all points / sides / ends are not configured with the "correct size" (which does not necessarily mean the "same size" when tunnelling or encapsulated) - did you get that ?    "same size" does not neccessarily imply "correct size"... well, if all is not of "correct size" along all hops... then, well... expect bad transfers = expect bad backups.

Hello,Thank you very much for your help.It's amazing.Now weekend replication is back to normal.I only changed timewindows and bandwidth.But I still don't know the cause of the problem

Hello,Thanks for sharing your troubleshooting ideas. Now the weekend is AIR to normal, I will continue to observe and see if there will be any more failures.Thank you.

Hello,I don't know how MTU is configured.Thanks for your help!