cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIR inter node authentication bpnbaz -setupat

NBU_maikel
Level 3

Hi community

I am trying to configure AIR between 2 clustered (win2008R2) NBU (7.6.1.2) domains.

To make that work I need to create the inter-node authentication according to that tech note:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO106492.html#v81228261?profileURL=https%3A%2F%2Fsymaccount-profile.symantec.com%2FSSO%2Findex.jsp%3FssoID%3D1437041699286eEWr15PwkfXV99RZqpkmO1LAgs4WR5RP2H7OJ

by running bpnbaz -setupat

The command errors out with the message:

You will have to restart NetBackup services on this machine after the command completes successfully
Do you want to continue(y/n)y
Gathering configuration information.
ERROR: Failed to convert Netbackup Authentication Service startup type to 3.
On Windows, we are unable to convert the Security Service's start up type primarily from Manual mode to Automatic mode.

I have noticed that when I set manally the NBU authentication service to Automatic it reverts back to manual after running bpnbaz

Any idea how to make this command work properly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

DId you open the command prompt with "Run As Administrator"? Make sure that you are running the bpnbat command from the active node of the cluster. Verify if the authentication and/or authorization services are part of cluster services. You can check by going to the cluster admin console cluadmin.msc. They should not be listed there..

Also can you share the following logs

admin nbatd, nbazd.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

DId you open the command prompt with "Run As Administrator"? Make sure that you are running the bpnbat command from the active node of the cluster. Verify if the authentication and/or authorization services are part of cluster services. You can check by going to the cluster admin console cluadmin.msc. They should not be listed there..

Also can you share the following logs

admin nbatd, nbazd.

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

ANy luck?