Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIR to media server in same domain

nasahasha
Level 5

Hello,

I have 2 questions on AIR, 

1) From below I understand that replication is to another NBU domain(mean another master), Can we set replication to another media server on same NBU domain(Same master, Source and target are on one master server)?

if yes how is it different from SLP duplication and what are the benefits and disadvantages?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO88954

About NetBackup Auto Image Replication
The backups that are generated in one NetBackup domain can be replicated to storage in one or more target NetBackup domains. This process is referred to as Auto Image Replication.

2) My replication job details show below message, I see a "windows" tab in replication operation and  Replication window is set to 18:00 to 7:00 daily, is this message saying me that window has no impact on replication job and replication will be initiated anytime? Is there a way to control replication jobs

02/03/2015 21:23:20 - Info nbreplicate (pid=14873) Suspend window close behavior is not supported for nbreplicate
02/03/2015 21:23:20 - Info nbreplicate (pid=14873) window close behavior: Terminate

Thank you in Advance.

NBU:7.6.0.3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

No you can't.

AIR is inter domain and does REPLICATION. Intra domain tranfers are done with DUPLICATION.

In reality it is really the same process of using optimized duplication to transfer the data.

I've not tested this but I understand it as follows.

02/03/2015 21:23:20 - Info nbreplicate (pid=14873) Suspend window close behavior is not supported for nbreplicate
02/03/2015 21:23:20 - Info nbreplicate (pid=14873) window close behavior: Terminate

The Windows close behaviour refers to what happens to the jobs once the windows closes. In other words, you have a 5am to 8am window and the clock strikes 8am, it will terminate the jobs, not suspend them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RiaanBadenhorst

No you can't.

AIR is inter domain and does REPLICATION. Intra domain tranfers are done with DUPLICATION.

In reality it is really the same process of using optimized duplication to transfer the data.

I've not tested this but I understand it as follows.

The Windows close behaviour refers to what happens to the jobs once the windows closes. In other words, you have a 5am to 8am window and the clock strikes 8am, it will terminate the jobs, not suspend them.

Marianne

SLP window is a new feature in NBU 7.6 and is not enabled by default. 
The default is to start duplication ASAP after the backup and not be stopped/suspended/terminated.

See: NetBackup 7.6 Feature Briefing - Secondary operation windows in SLPs 
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH211111