cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIX Netbackup CatalogBackup.lck with world writable

firdausnashir
Level 2

Hi,

We are using  AIX 7.1 server and Netbackup 7.5. Only root user has access to Netbackup for backup and recovery. Root umask is set at 027, by right this would prevent any netbackup files generated to have the world writable format. However we found a few CatalogBackup.lck files which have a world writable file format in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/... directory. Could anyone help to suggest a permanent solution for this, since our audit requirement would not allow any world writable file.

Thank You.

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You will probably need to log a support call with Symantec. I cannot see any way that we can change the way that NBU is creating files.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

They are looking at locking down world writable files in a later version. Until then, if it was me, I would set-up a script to check for world writable files then chmod'ing them to remove the writability.

firdausnashir
Level 2

Hi Marianne and revaroo,

Thanks for your feedback. I would go with the suggestion to create a script to clear the world writable file, after catalog backup activity. Please do let us know if there is a version update when it is available that would permanently avoid the world writable file creation.

Thank You