cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API or Scripting or Automation options

Arpan1
Level 2

Hello All 

I need to know if we can do some sort of integration with Netbackup 7.6 for automation of tasks using scripting or API's?

does it support any of these two API (REST or SOAP) or scripting on linux platform 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matthew_Brookes
Level 2
Accredited Certified

Symantec has partenered with Biomni to enable customers to use FrontOffice to provide a user-self-service backup and recovery portal. This can operate standalone, or be integrated with exiting portal technologies such as Parallels. It can also provides an API for deeper integration with other systems if needed.

http://biomni.com/product/front-office-for-symantec

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

....   for automation of tasks ....

What kind of tasks?

NBU has already built-in automation of backup scheduling, image cleanup, log cleanup etc...

Please tell us more about the kind of tasks that you would like to automate?

Arpan1
Level 2

Actually i want it to integrate with self service portal, so need to check if user can put a request for backup and restore from the self service portal itself. to check that i need to know if it has some support of API's or scripts available which can be take some basic information as an input and do the remaining task.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Symantec aims to use OpsCenter as platform for self service. You properly need to take a look there first.

Matthew_Brookes
Level 2
Accredited Certified

Symantec has partenered with Biomni to enable customers to use FrontOffice to provide a user-self-service backup and recovery portal. This can operate standalone, or be integrated with exiting portal technologies such as Parallels. It can also provides an API for deeper integration with other systems if needed.

http://biomni.com/product/front-office-for-symantec