Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About catalog backup

Anil_B
Level 4

Hello All,

Am new to Netbackup, Please clarify.

We have a master server at 7.1.0.1 version, i have seen catalog backup is running with 3 child streams.

the first child stream has been completed successfully(status code 0) without byte count and i have seen in the file list CATALOG_DRIVEN_BACKUP.

the second child stream has been completed successfully(status code 0) with byte count(240gb+) and i have seen in the file lilst /usr/openv/db/staging/XXXX_Data.db

the third child stream has been completed sussfully with byte count(1 gb+) and i have seen in the file list CATALOG_DRIVEN_BACKUP.

Here my Big question is why the 1st stream has been completed withot bytecount and what does it mean catalog_driven_backup and how the scriept  /usr/openv/db/staging/XXXX_Data.db has been generated, why the huge date difference b/n 2nd child stream and 3rd child stream. How it goes to be happen?

am aware of the catalog components i,e image files, relational DB and configuration files. how these can be backed up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The 1st child job is the staging of the NBDB to a staging area, effectively it is the nbdb_backup -online command.

Therefore, during this stage, nothing is backed up.

The 3rd jobs backs up up the NBDB once it has been 'copied' to the staging area (hence the bytecount)

The 4th job backs up the Image dir and other config files.

/usr/openv/db/staging/XXXX_Data.db is not a script, the files in this directory are the out put of the online backup of NBDB, which, is a backup taken using a method that allows them to be fully recovered if required.

The other backup (image dir etc ...) are just 'flat' files, and therefore need no special processing.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The 1st child job is the staging of the NBDB to a staging area, effectively it is the nbdb_backup -online command.

Therefore, during this stage, nothing is backed up.

The 3rd jobs backs up up the NBDB once it has been 'copied' to the staging area (hence the bytecount)

The 4th job backs up the Image dir and other config files.

/usr/openv/db/staging/XXXX_Data.db is not a script, the files in this directory are the out put of the online backup of NBDB, which, is a backup taken using a method that allows them to be fully recovered if required.

The other backup (image dir etc ...) are just 'flat' files, and therefore need no special processing.