cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About using "contains" in netbackup api

ef_akyazan
Level 3

Hello,

I want to pull data with contains filter in /config/policies/ in netbackup api. but I am getting the following error. can you help me?

{  "errorCode": 9401,  "errorMessage": "The OData filter criteria is invalid.",  "attributeErrors": {},  "fileUploadErrors": [],  "errorDetails": [    "The filter is invalid."
  ]
}
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello again,

I think I found the mistake I made while writing to you.

1- contains (filterName, 'x')

I noticed that I am getting an error because there is a space between contains and parenthesis. Thank you for your support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @ef_akyazan 

The error is reasonably clear and the syntax for the API call is quite particular as to case etc. You will need to post the API call you actually make for us to be able to help (remove any auth information from what you post). 

Have you looked at the OData syntax requirements - the link is provided on the getting started page http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.01/csprd01/part2-url-conventions/odata-v4.01-csprd01-part2...

Happy to try and help, but I need more information (getting the API call correct can be a challenge as the documentation isn't always 100% accurate). 

Also provide the NetBackup version you are using - as the calls have some variationbetween versions. 

Cheers
David

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @ef_akyazan 

Also - if you can perform a similar filter operation via the WebUI, you should be able to use Chrome's Dev tools screen (F12) on the page to view the Network payload etc for the calls you make (it has helped me in the past to get the API syntax correct). 

David

Hello @davidmoline ,

Firstly, thank you for your reply. I checked the standards you mentioned. I tried the following way but it always showed the same error:

2-contains ('x, 'filterName )

3-keyword contains  'x'

4-contains keyword 'x'

Thanks.

Hello again,

I think I found the mistake I made while writing to you.

I noticed that I am getting an error because there is a space between contains and parenthesis. Thank you for your support.