cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerator Forced Rescan Scheduling

arctics2
Level 5

Working on configuring a policy in Netbackup 7.5.0.6 using accelerator.  Trying to create the policy with three schedules, a full accelerator, a full accelerator with forced rescan and diff-incrementals.

Ideally, we would like to have the Full Accelerator backups run weekly, the incrementals daily and the full /w forced rescan to run every 6 months.  The question is when the forced rescan schedule runs, how can I prevent the regular full accelerator schedule from also running?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

arctics2
Level 5

Confirmation from Support:

The schedule checks when did the Full Backup schedules run and launch the schedule which has not run for longer.
e.g, if Full Backup forced rescan ran on Monday and Full Backup ran on Wednesday, then Full Backup forced rescan will run.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Netbackup won't run 2 backup at the same time of the same client if all schedules are located in the same policy.

If you configure the schedules in different policies netbackup looses track.

arctics2
Level 5

Ok, they are in the same policy, but the question is, which one takes preference?  I would assume the job that's run less frequent, but I need confirmation of that.  I don't see it mentioned in any documentation though.

arctics2
Level 5

Confirmation from Support:

The schedule checks when did the Full Backup schedules run and launch the schedule which has not run for longer.
e.g, if Full Backup forced rescan ran on Monday and Full Backup ran on Wednesday, then Full Backup forced rescan will run.