cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Directory backup with GRT exits status 1

Parth_VpK
Level 2

Hi All,

We have configured AD with GRT in our environment but we are getting partical successfull with the below.

Error:

ERR - Unable to obtain image list. Confirm this client has access to images on server <####> for client <####>

ERR - Refer to the 'configuring client privilleges for granular options' section of the document for more information on configuring ALTNAMES

ERR - Error enconutered while attempting to get additional files for System State:\

Master server: Solaris 10 ( master acts as a media )

Client server: Windows 2008 standard 64 bit

Netbackup version on both Master & client: 6.5.6

Disk Storage Unit: SAN storage with 300 GB LUN has been mounted under the Master server and configured as a basic disk storage unit.

1.We have No.restrictions file in place in the master server.

/usr/openv/netbackup/db/altnames/No.Restrictions

2.Netbackup client service has been configured with AD admn privilaged account and serice has been recycled.

3.NFS has been configured in the client.

"Server for NFS" has been disabled and "Client for NFS" is active and kept automatic.

4.We ran the below command in the client side.

"sc config portmap start= auto"

5. In Policy, We have enabled the "Enable granular recovery" option and configured "system state" in the backup selection.

Am i missing anything ?

AD admin privilaged account does not have access on the Master server ? do we have to configure the access ?

Do we need do perform any activity on the Master server side other than ALTNAMES ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Parth_VpK
Level 2

Issue has been resolved.

We had multiple interface in the master server to cover all the IP segments. Each interface was named with different names for the single master server "Winnyk" like...

10.X.X.10 - Winnyk

10.X.X.11 - WInnyk11

10.X.X.12 - Winnyk12 .... etc.

We had to use 10.X.X.12 interface for AD backup. So i was using "Winnyk12" as a master & media server. Regular OS backup was successful for all these days with the same entry. but new GRT configuration failed.

GRT need the "Winnyk" name as a master server in the client side configuration. since the emm reflects the "Winnyk"

So Backup ran successful after changing the hosts file like below and changing the correct master server name

Hosts:

10.X.X.12 Winnyk

Thank you all for all your inputs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Parth_VpK
Level 2

Need help... :)

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Check this silent video if it helps

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/videos/active-directory-grt-backuprestore-using-netbackup-75

also read the pre-req doc attached  with it

also create no.restrictions at media server

Parth_VpK
Level 2

Thanks for your help.

I did see that video and followed the same. but no luck.

In my case... master server itself acts a media server. so i aleady have the no.restriction file in please.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did you checked NBFSD port is 7394 .. Do you see any traffic on this

Parth_VpK
Level 2

Issue has been resolved.

We had multiple interface in the master server to cover all the IP segments. Each interface was named with different names for the single master server "Winnyk" like...

10.X.X.10 - Winnyk

10.X.X.11 - WInnyk11

10.X.X.12 - Winnyk12 .... etc.

We had to use 10.X.X.12 interface for AD backup. So i was using "Winnyk12" as a master & media server. Regular OS backup was successful for all these days with the same entry. but new GRT configuration failed.

GRT need the "Winnyk" name as a master server in the client side configuration. since the emm reflects the "Winnyk"

So Backup ran successful after changing the hosts file like below and changing the correct master server name

Hosts:

10.X.X.12 Winnyk

Thank you all for all your inputs.