cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Directory restore

Brits
Level 6

Hi Team, 

When i browse active directory server in restore option, “D:_AD-DB_NTDS” is greyed out. Even the “Active Directory” option is also greyed out. Please suggest , how to select this individual file in case of AD restore.

I have enabled "Granular recovery option" in the backup policy.

11 REPLIES 11

Brits
Level 6

attaching the screenshot.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Before we can look at a restore, we need confirmation that setup and backup was done correctly. GRT is more than a selection in a policy. It needs disk storage and NFS to be configured on media server and client. And Client Services started as Domain Admin. (All explained in NBU Admin Guide I .) Have you done all of that? Is backup completing with status 0?

Brits
Level 6

It needs disk storage and NFS to be configured on media server and client.

what is disk storage here ?  

"NFS for server" feature is installed on media server. "NFS for Client" feature is installed on AD server. Both Media server and AD server are windows 2012 .

only Netbackup client service is configured as domain admin account. rest other NBU services are running as "local system"on AD client server.

Backup status is 0 .

Marianne
Level 6
Any kind of disk storage that is supported for GRT. Basic Disk, Advanced Disk, MSDP and some OST listed in NBU HCL.

Brits
Level 6

ah ok. I am using MSDP on media server.

Brits
Level 6

any suggestion pls..

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Maybe one is not meant to restore that single component.  Can I ask, why is that you think you need to restore this object:   D:_AD-DB_NTDS

Have you tried expanding some of the sub-elements and perform a test restore of a.n.other granular AD object?

Brits
Level 6
Hi sdo, Ok. I m not sure if its required to restore this component or not. Test restore is not performed yet. My doubt - is it normal that this component is greyed out or I did any mistake in GRT active directy backup configuration.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

I think I need to read the manuals again.  It has been quite a few versions since I actually did an AD restore.  A reminder to reaquaint myself with the process.

Anyway, I'm hoping that someone else can step in... BUT... I think that first you need to make it clear whether:

a) This is just a general learning/education type question?

...or:

b) You have an actual issue that needs resolving?

Brits
Level 6

it is a general learning / education type question.

as of now no issues

Marianne
Level 6

General learning / education type question can easily be answered by reading up in the manuals.

See Chapter 36 - About Granular Recovery Technology in NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I