cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add NetBackup Account to Exchange 2003 Delegation Error

Wayne_Maranduik
Level 4

I hope someone can help me with this...

I am trying to follow the Admin Guide for NB Exchange for v7.1 and have created the AD Account and have added it to the Domain Admins Group, I am trying to add the Account through the Delegation Wizard in System Manager for Exchange 2003 and I get all the way through to the end and get the following error:

"Failed to grant permission for AccountName on this object: dc=xxx/dc=xxx/dc=xxx/cn=Configuration."

I have researched the web and have found an article that relates to BackupExec that states that the Account used to run the Delegation Wizard and logged onto the Exchange Server needs to be an Admin...I am logged in using an account that is part of the Local Admin Group.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated...trying to configure GRT backups/restores with NB.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You will have to be logged in with full domain admin rights in order to create a user with domain admin rights.

See extract from this TN: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH18705

The account must have Domain Administrator rights and a mailbox on the Exchange server

Wayne_Maranduik
Level 4

Hi,

I am logged in as a Domain Admin member, I go into the Exchange System Manager and go through the wizard to add the new account with Full rights and I still get the error.

The account I created for the NetBackup Exchange is a member of the Domain Admins Group and has a valid Exchange mailbox (I have NOT sent any email to it to initialize the mailbox).

any other suggestions?

Thanks