cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a second Datadomain to storageserver.

EvenHornfelt
Level 4

Anyone added a second DD to a storageserver (as replacement over few months)  Just add as another DiskPool, or ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You have to follow the procedure from the beginning.
create a new storage server
create a new disk pool
create a new storage unit

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

StefanosM
Level 6

You have to follow the procedure from the beginning.
create a new storage server
create a new disk pool
create a new storage unit

EvenHornfelt
Level 4

Are you sure? I can add another storageserver as long as it's not same type as already configured, but not of same type (ex. AdvDisk). In my lab I have one MSDP and one AdvDisk storageserver on my one primary/media server. But get error when trying to add another of any same type. (storageserver xxxxx already exist in NetBackup.).

-

You can have multiples of the same type of storage server. Provided the names/IPs are different. That's where your conflict comes in.

StefanosM
Level 6

you can have only one MSPD and adv storage server but multiple "other vendor" storage servers.
As Laurence_Merry said, if the new device have different IP, you must to create a new storage server.

On the other hand, if for any reason you need to create multiple disk pools for the same storage server, this is doable.

Hi @EvenHornfelt 

To further clarify, the storage server is the device/system that performs the storage operations. You can have only one storage server defined per device/system.

For MSDP and AdvDisk this is the media server, so only one MSDP pool (let's ignore cloud pools for now). 

Each DataDomain will be a storage server, they can be configured (I believe) with multiple disk pools.

David

EvenHornfelt
Level 4

And we got this far...  The old DD's are ok still in production. The old DiskPools are source and targets DD-replicated. Non-targeted AIR since forever, NBU9.1.0.1  Boost 7.8.0.0 and DDOS 7.7.2.10  (initially X masters, now 2) (Yes, I prefer targeted AIR)

I have issues getting the new DD's to do similar, SLP conf: "No import SLP(s) found with compatible replication target device(1591)".  NBU UI does recognize the DD-volumes as source and targets (in DD-replication).

Then creating new non-replicating DD-volumes, one each DD. Trying SLP-conf: add backup ok, add replication, only non-targeted possible (targeted greyed out). OK/save got: "The source copy for a duplication to remote master is not capabel of replication (error 1528)"       eeeeh...?

StefanosM
Level 6

check if media servers have other master certificates.

EvenHornfelt
Level 4

Cert's ok, can ping and see/backup all nbu-servers to/from both nbu-domains. Still confused...