cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Cleaning Tapes

Mark_Hill
Level 4
Hey All, Ive put some new cleaning tapes into one of our robots by way of an inventory.

Then I changed the volume pool to none. (Info I found on here, thx)

But I cant add them as cleaning tapes using the Actions => New => Volumes dialogue and specifying them as DLT cleaning tapes and adding the max mounts as 60.

The system seems to accept the command, but no changes occur.
They are still listed as HCART3?? They also have a volume group listed as well.

What have I done wrong? Should I have got them in via another means apart from an inventory? How do I recover from here?

Cheers!
3 REPLIES 3

Chia_Tan_Beng
Level 6
Hi Mark,

A more cleaner way is to setup the barcode rule so that next time you insert a cleaning tape for inventory, it would automatically be added as cleaning tape correctly.

In Admin Console, Media and Device Management -> media, righ-click the media & select inventory, check the update volume configuration and select Advance Options. Then select Barcode Rules tab and click on New button. Enter the barcode tag (depending on your cleaning tape barcode, normally is CLN), maximum mounts, corresponding media type and volume pool none.

> How do I recover from here?

Eject the clean tapes from the library and delete the volume from Netbackup. Re-insert the tape into library and do a robot inventory.

Mark_Hill
Level 4
Hey, I did setup a rule as per some doco found on the Veritas site.

But once I did the inventory I have the issuse with the first two letters missing from the mediaid.

So the tapes are now labled as Nxxx no CLNxxx.

Mark_Hill
Level 4
OK, played around with the media generation rules and tapes are now named properly.

But, they still have a volume group listed. Is that a problem?