cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding SP 2 in Windows 2003 SRT.

KSG
Level 4
Hi All,

I have NB 6.0 MP4 solaris Master Server, Windows 2003 SP 2 boot server, and trying to protect another client Windows 2003 with SP2. Full backup including ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and System state succefully taken.
After creating an SRT in win2003 boot server (without SP 2) and while doing "Prepare To Restore" it gives bmrprep error that  the Protected client has the latest Version of SP2 than the original SRT.

If i remove the SP2  from 2003 client  the "Prepare to Restore" is successfull.

In the BMR boot server Assistant wizard it gives the Option to only add "Windows 2003 service pack 1".

Kindly let me know how to add Service Pack 2 in the SRT. (OR) How to sucessfully restore the Win2003 SP 2 system without removing the SP 2 in the protected client.

Thanks in Advance,
4 REPLIES 4

David_Ingersoll
Level 3
I am currently having the same problem with Windows Server 2003 SP2. No solution found as of yet.

Sincerely,

David

lamst
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
hello,
I solved this probleme with add an entry on the spinfo.inf file.
This file is in the install path "..\VERITAS\NetBackup\BareMetal\server\data" on your BMR Boot Server
Edit spinfo.inf file and
add this value after next value on the top file:
"Windows 2003 Service Pack 2" = 5.2.SP2

and add this on the bottom file:
[5.2.SP2]
Version = 5.2.2
Description = "Windows 2003 Service Pack 2"
CmdExtract = "%image% /q /x:%dir%"
CmdUpdate = "%dir%\update\update.exe /q /integrate:%target%"
PruneFiles = "I386\WINNTMIG", "I386\WINNTUPG", "I386\WIN9XUPG", "I386\WIN9XMIG"

And save

After you can select "Windows 2003 service pack 2" in the BMR boot server Assistant wizard

KSG
Level 4
Hi stephane,

Thanks for your solution.

After installing SP 2 in the SRT did the "Prepare to Restore " was successfull for an SP 2 protected client was successfull. have you tried restoring the system protected with SP2.

Kindly let me know.

lamst
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
Hello,

Yes, I have to test yesterday evening and that work

bye
Stephane