cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new Media Server to Storage Server via CLI

L_BR
Level 5

I'm trying to create and update a Storage Server via CLI. I can do this perfectly fine from the GUI but work is quiet and I'm experimenting more and more with CLI.

I can create the STS just fine using nbdevconfig -creatests etc. It adds the Storage Server.

I then run tpconfig to update the STS with username/password and this also works.

When I try to update the STS using nbdevconfig -updatests I get the following error:

PS E:\Program Files\Veritas\Volmgr\bin> nbdevconfig -updatests -storage_server dd.name.evs -stype DataDomain          -media_server media.name.evs -reason "testing cli"
RDSM has encountered an STS error: getStorageServerInfo
Failed to update storage server dd.name.evs, authentication failed
PS E:\Program Files\Veritas\Volmgr\bin>

After running the tpconfig command, I can add the media servers from GUI just fine so there can't be something wrong with the authentication. Am I missing a command to run?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

L_BR
Level 5

Replying to my own post is dumb but I found the solution.

perform TPCONFIG on the media server you wish to add and then return to the master server and perform -updatests and it will work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L_BR
Level 5

Replying to my own post is dumb but I found the solution.

perform TPCONFIG on the media server you wish to add and then return to the master server and perform -updatests and it will work.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Not at all since you found and shared the solution :)