cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address 16, import_enabled = 1, export_enabled = 1, access = 1 except = 0, import_export = 0, full = 1 Source address = 4227 Barcode = WD0059L4

NIKHIL234656595
Level 6

Robot Selection

---------------

1)  TLD 0

2)  none/quit

Enter choice: 1Address 16, import_enabled = 1, export_enabled = 1, access = 1

s s

except = 0, import_export = 0, full = 1

Source address = 4227

Barcode =LX005689

what is source address in this.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You have run the 'show slots' command, this as you know lists the slots, and will show the tape barcode that is in the slot (if it has a barcode) or show the slot as empty if there is no tape.

We humans like to use easy slot numbers, 1, 2, 3,4 ,5 etc .. that is simple for us.

The library uses 'scsi' addresses, so for this slot, the 'scsi address' is 4227.

I think you do not need to concern yourself with these 'internal library' address - I think I can only recall one time when I had to use' them, and I do a lot of library/ drive issues.

But to answer your question, it is the internal address the lbrary uses for that particulat slot.

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Do u have any debug, ltid or avrd logs maybe we can catch something else in there

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You have run the 'show slots' command, this as you know lists the slots, and will show the tape barcode that is in the slot (if it has a barcode) or show the slot as empty if there is no tape.

We humans like to use easy slot numbers, 1, 2, 3,4 ,5 etc .. that is simple for us.

The library uses 'scsi' addresses, so for this slot, the 'scsi address' is 4227.

I think you do not need to concern yourself with these 'internal library' address - I think I can only recall one time when I had to use' them, and I do a lot of library/ drive issues.

But to answer your question, it is the internal address the lbrary uses for that particulat slot.

Regards,

Martin