cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced DiskPool with Capacity Managed Retention Type

cmbjosesuarez
Level 3

I have an Advanced Disk Pool that we backup all our images to.

Some of my SLPs have the backup going to the Advanced Disk Pool with a Retention Type listed as Capacity Managed and Retention Period of 2 weeks.

Does this mean that NetBackup will keep the backup image AT LEAST 2 weeks and thereafter will remove it from the Advance Disk Pool if necessary or will NetBackup get rid of it prior to the 2 week Retention Period if space is needed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

In that case i would not use a SLP - i would just back it up to your disk pool with a fixed retention (set via the schedule) of 2 weeks

If you disk fills up you will have to expire stuff manually or buy more disk

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
It will keep it for 2 weeks if possible but if short of space and as long as it has been duplicated it will delete it It will also delete it after 2 weeks anyway as long as it has been duplicated By duplicated I mean that its "lifecycle" had been fulfilled

cmbjosesuarez
Level 3

Mark,

I have a policy that its SLP is the following:

Use For: Backup
Storage Unit: AdvancedDisk Pool
Retention Type: Capacity Managed
Retention Period: 2 weeks

Use For: Duplication
Storage Unit: LTO3 Tape
Retention Type: Fixed
Retention Period: 2 Weeks

What I am ulimately trying to accomplish is to get rid of the Duplication (to save on using LTO tape) and just keep that backup on Disk until it expires.  I cannot risk though, having it fall off disk prior to the 2 week retention period.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

In that case i would not use a SLP - i would just back it up to your disk pool with a fixed retention (set via the schedule) of 2 weeks

If you disk fills up you will have to expire stuff manually or buy more disk

Hope this helps