Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After domain change not able to login to NBU console

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

NBU - 8.1

WS 2012

NBU was installed with hostname and not with FQDN.

Changed just the domain name today and after that can't login to NBU as it says.

NetBackup could not initiate a trust relationship with host nbu.old.domain. Ensure that your domain name service resolves the hostname to the correct ip.

Do i have to change some file.I did the domain name change in past prior to version 8 without any issue. Is something changed which is causing this issue. Looks like it is trying to connect using some certficate which is still pointing to old domain. Please help.

nbatd and all the services running.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

As a workaround I would added an entry for nbu.old.doamin to hosts file.. Login then... and sniff around ...

with nbcertcmd commands... etc...

if there is also storage server portion - you will have to run few commands to fix it... 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

As a workaround I would added an entry for nbu.old.doamin to hosts file.. Login then... and sniff around ...

with nbcertcmd commands... etc...

if there is also storage server portion - you will have to run few commands to fix it... 

vtas_chas
Level 6
Employee

My first inclination is that you have a certificate problem.  Certs don't use just shortnames by their very nature.  As @quebek suggests, start with the hosts file.

With NBU 8+, you can't just make naming changes without dealing with the certificates.  Secure Comms is very particular about how things are named as part of the security model.  There is no such thing as "just changing the domain" in any context, but especially in the context of NetBackup, the greatest name resolution and certificate testing tool ever invented :-).  

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances

jnardello
   VIP    Certified

Yep, probably a cert issue these days. Examine the output of "nbcertcmd -listCACertDetails " and "nbcertcmd -listCertDetails". If you see any entries with your old domain name you're going to have to regenerate your security certificates.

Cert renewal steps are documented in https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100044601