cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After the fact Exchange

mjd42970
Level 3

We are using NB 6.5.4 backing up exchange 2003 with both local and san storage space. Our data is about 800 gig ( i know there were no quotas on mailboxes when I started here and now it's getting outta control) and it seems that sometimes our exchange performance is slow and we have to restart the exchanges services for the performance to return to normal. The OS is on a Dell poweredge 2600 4 gig of ram. I was wondering if anybody new of any issues with netbackup affective performance after the backups complete and connections have been disconnected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

And you should maybe consider enterprise vault to archive all that out-of-control 800GB. Then you might end up backing up only 200-300GB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst

I have not heard of such an issue but you can verify if there are any netbackup processes active after the backups complete. Aside from bpinetd etc which are just the client services.

RiaanBadenhorst

And you should maybe consider enterprise vault to archive all that out-of-control 800GB. Then you might end up backing up only 200-300GB

teiva-boy
Level 6

It's not NBU that is causing your issues...  You need to starting archiving email, then run an eseutil job on those IS's.