cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrade 7.7.3 - None-Robot control host gets error cannot connect to robotic software daemon

nocoffeeman
Level 3

Hi.

So I upgraded my Opscenter server and masterserver to 7.7.3. I upgraded from 7.6.1.

I have not upgraded my mediaservers yet.

After this upgrade, my tape robot will only respond to inventory from the robot control host. When running inventory from my none-robotic control host i get a "cannot connect to robotic software daemon (42)"

My setup is screenshotted and attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RB-Infinitely
Level 4

Make sure you've selected the correct host (i.e the robot control host) when running the inventory. I've seen that after an upgrade, NetBackup defaults to the wrong host and you'll get an error when trying to do the inventory.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RB-Infinitely
Level 4

Make sure you've selected the correct host (i.e the robot control host) when running the inventory. I've seen that after an upgrade, NetBackup defaults to the wrong host and you'll get an error when trying to do the inventory.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please explain your setup a little more?

Are both nb-media1 and nb-media2 media servers that have not been upgraded yet?
Both still on NBU 7.6.x?

Are you saying that you can run Inventory from nb-media2?
Using the Windows Admin Console?
But not using Windows Admin Console on nb-media1?

Does it work from the Java Console on the master server?

Can you show us a screenshot of the initial Inventory screen where you are trying to run it from?

Thanks for your quick replys

Are both nb-media1 and nb-media2 media servers that have not been upgraded yet?
Both still on NBU 7.6.x?
Yes, both are on 7.6.1 - The problem is, the MSDP volume on media1 is 90% full, and Ive read that you should not upgrade until you got atleast 12% free capasity.

Are you saying that you can run Inventory from nb-media2?
Yes, using javaconsole from the master server.
After the upgrade Windows Admin Console wont work on the media servers. Only java.

My SLP's runs normal, and runs the backup to tape. Its only when I run inventory from Media-1 it shows

Maby I'm not supposed to run an inventory from media1?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As per @RB-Infinitely's post - you need to select nb-media2 in the drop-down under 'Device host'. 

The Device host defaults to the local server name.

Thanks guys.

Worked like a charm!