cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrade NBU from 6.5.5 to 7.0 on cluster NetBackup not started

acidborn60
Level 4
Hello!
after upgrade i have this error - EMM interface initialization failed, status = 334. I found this - http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/281817.htm , but dbodbc9.dll not found. I try unpack NB_7.0_Win_FA\x64\Data1.cab - nothing. Ok, i try unpack 6.5.5 (x64) and i found dbodbc9.dll and copy 3 dll (dbodbc9.dll dboledb9.dll dboledba9.dll ) to C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackupDB\win64\ , restart server and try again start. I have EMM interface initialization failed, status = 334 and application log:
Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    SQLANY64 11.0
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    1
Date:        20.04.2010
Time:        0:18:25
User:        N/A
Computer:    NBUCL-NODE1
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( SQLANY64 11.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: SQLANYs_VERITAS_NB; Cannot start server

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

acidborn60
Level 4

I use create_ndbd and upgrade current database.
Now, NBU cluster work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There are way too many unknowns here about your configuration to even try and help.

Maybe log an urgent support call with Symantec?
A trained engineer will be able to assess the situation quite quickly if a Webex session can be established.

acidborn60
Level 4
i submit case to technical support, but have any idea?

acidborn60
Level 4

I use create_ndbd and upgrade current database.
Now, NBU cluster work.

Rajesh_s1
Level 6
Certified
We too had issue while upgrading the cluster setup, all the times it was failing at final cluster committing.  Then finally for this we need to create a NDBD database manually.

And we come across this issue in new setup also. We were trying to configure Netbackup 7 on windows 2008-R2. In this also we had the similar issue. Finally we came to found that it’s causing due to account issue.
1. In one scenario we came to know that Service account what we were using was getting locked at the time of final cluster committing. Due to that installation failing with database creation failed.
2. After that we removed service account and used local account as Netbackup startup account. In this scenario also it’s failed 1st time because we forgotten to add the local system account in admin group. Then we add in both the nodes and then installation went through fine with out any issues.

So from 2-3 scenarios we came to know that this was causing issue due to account problems. If we properly configure the admin rights in both the nodes then we won’t face this issue. And we can use local account as service startup account and the same can be changed later after installation completes.

Hope may help some one...

Regards,
Rajesh