cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrade to 7.7.3 from 7.5.0.6 dedup pool not starting after DB convert

Pavol_Palko
Level 3

After upgrade to 7.7.3 from 7.5.0.6 dedup pool not starting after DB convert .

Error log f:\data\\log\convert
[2017-12-13 13:56:00][ERR] Failed to rename e:\db\databases\catalog-tmp to e:\db\databases\catalog, make sure no files or directories under the two directories are in use by another process (access denied)

There are errors in the conversion
Please check logs in "f:\data\\log\convert" to solve the problem and retry

Can I rename e:\db\databases\catalog-tmp to e:\db\databases\catalog   and start netbakup or do I need to start conversion again ? Is there any other steps  needed before starting converion again ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Issue was caused by indexing of drive. pdde convert was started agian and was successfull .

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Disclaimer: 
I have never seen this error and a search for this error during upgrade finds nothing on Veritas web site or this forum.

Can you confirm that AntiVirus on this server is configured to exclude NetBackup and MSDP folders and processes? (https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.HOWTO61249 )
And that NBU services are running under account with full local admin rights?

So, without knowing what exactly the cause of 'access denied' is, we don't know if a manual rename of the folder will fix the issue.

My recommendation is to log a Sev 1 (Server up, services down) call with Veritas support.
I am curious about the fact that you are only seeking assistance 6 days after the issue was seen... has NBU been down this entire time?

Issue was caused by indexing of drive. pdde convert was started agian and was successfull .

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Great stuff. Turning off indexing is also documented in https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.HOWTO61249