cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrading to Veritas NetBackup 8.3, NetBackup does not see the HPE StoreOnce 5100

jsivrts
Level 4

After upgrading to Veritas NetBackup 8.3, NetBackup does not see the HPE StoreOnce 5100.

28 REPLIES 28

Veritas wrote yesterday 08.27. 2020:
We have received update that Netbackup 8.3.0.1 expected date of release for general availability would be around third week of September, 2020. It is the first maintenance release for NBU under the current tooling infrastructure. So in order to fix this issue as soon as possible we suggest you to reinstall NetBackup 8.2 and perform a full catalog recovery as HPE support have already verified that this is a compatibility issue of HPE Catalyst plugin with Netbackup version 8.3 and they have the HPE plugin compatible with next NBU release 8.3.0.1 but it will take time (September 3rd week, 2020).

I have a perfect slogan:
Ransomware will never destroy your backups that you do not make, contact Veritas with confidence, it will help you.

Forty days after the creation of Case, the veritas website is finally mentioned:

After upgrading to NetBackup 8.3, HPE StoreOnce OST Plugin stopped working

Article: 100048380
Last Published: 2020-09-08
Ratings: 0 0
Product(s): NetBackup
Problem

HPE OST plugin stops working after upgrading to NetBackup 8.3 using HPE StoreOnce Catalyst plugin 4.2.2.

Error Message

# cat /usr/openv/hpe/ost/logs/plugin.log
2019-12-04 19:11:16.309401 (local 11:11) : ERROR : 179745_3168298880  : -1 : - : Global : stspi_init : Ln 331 : OST API version 12 NOT SUPPORTED

Cause

HPE's plug-in checks versioning and doesn't load when it encounters the v12 in NB 8.3.

Solution

Veritas Technologies LLC currently plans to address this issue by way of a patch or hotfix to the current version of the software. Please note that Veritas Technologies LLC reserves the right to remove any fix from the targeted release if it does not pass quality assurance tests.  Veritas’ plans are subject to change and any action taken by you based on the above information or your reliance upon the above information is made at your own risk.

References
Etrack : 4012682

Krutons
   VIP   

I was notified today that 8.3.0.1 will be released on 9/14. Also, SORT confirms that. https://sort.veritas.com/netbackup

NetBackup

The latest GA version is 8.3.0.1 on 2020-09-14 for NetBackup Enterprise Server.

Refer to Product EOSL for more information.

Thank you very much for your information.

I didn't get anything at all, despite the fact that I had 2x Case open for the bug and I also have the notification turned on.

Well, it looks like it works again after 46 days. I upgraded this morning as soon as possible.

Today, by chance, while looking for a fix for ShP2019, I discovered such a fix:

NetBackup 8.3 HotFix - NetBackup 8.3 does not see the HPE StoreOnce 5100 OST Plugin (Etrack 4012682)

HotFix

Update ID: UPD384443 Version: 8.3 Platform: Cross-Platform Release date: 2021-03-23

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/downloads/update.UPD384443

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@jsivrts 

Thanks for the update.

Can you confirm that the hotfix solved the problem?

I'm sorry I don't know.

I solved it by upgrading to version 8.3.0.1, because at that time the fix did not exist.