cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Install Linux

Tim_O_Brien_2
Level 4

I was able to successfully install the Linux 7.5 Agent on a Client with no issues.

I have downloaded the 7.5.0.4 patch and attempting to untar the file and install it but not working.

I ran the MD5 utility and the values match onf the 3 files as well as the 1 file which was combined.

Using the following command: tar -xf NB_CLT_7.5.0.4.tar

Error: stdin:not in gzip format

tar: Child returned status 1

tar: Error delayed from previous errors

I understand it is not in gzip format but when combining the 1 split file is says to create a .tar file 

4 REPLIES 4

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Try to run tar with absolut path like "/usr/bin/tar xf NB_CLT_7.5.0.4.tar".

Will_Restore
Level 6

>> tar -xf NB_CLT_7.5.0.4.tar

try without the dash

tar xf NB_CLT_7.5.0.4.tar

Vickie
Level 6

Hi Tim,

I would suggest you to try upgrade  the client upgrade from  master server.

Using command listed below,

1) /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpplclients | grep server_name > /tmp/client_list

2) /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/update_clients -ForceInstall -ClientList  /tmp/client_list  (for netbackup client up-grade)

Below are command to upgrade Netbackup DB Agent, 

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/update_dbclients -ForceInstall Oracle -ClientList /tmp/client_list (for netbackup Oracle DB agent up-grade)

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/update_dbclients -ForceInstall SAP -ClientList /tmp/client_list  (for netbackup SAP  DB agent up-grade)

This may help you for up-grade.

Note : Master server must be Linux/Unix to up-grade Linux client.

Plz let us know if any query you have.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Which Linux is it, specifically?

Which tar are you using?  (output from `which tar`)

I like Yasuhisa's idea of including the explicit path to tar in your command, but you may find you need another one - we have a GNU tar distribution attached to this TechNote:

If tar is used to unpack downloaded NetBackup 7.1 or 7.5 distribution files, installation or upgrade may fail.
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH154080

Good luck!