cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All jobs ends with status: 800, EMM status: No drives are available resource request failed (800)

bliblibli
Level 3
Hello, The last days, I''ve the following error :
Error nbjm (pid=[...]) NBU status: 800, EMM status: No drives are available resource request failed (800)

Symptoms :
  • Every backup ends with an error 800 after a short period (from 5 seconds to 1 minute)
  • In "Media and device management" -> "Device monitor", :
    • all the drives control are set to "AVR" (or sometimes "OPR")
    • I can't choose "up drive" (seems like "AVR" and "OPR" are considered as already up, like "ACTIVE"
    • I can make them UP again by choosing "reset drive". The drive is then tagged as UP, until I launch another backup. I will then change to ACTIVE and AVR quite instantaneously
    • Most of the time I can't make "down drive" ( I either get the message "Drive is currently assigned" or the message "Request has been queued. It will be processed when scan completes"), so I suppose that the "AVR" drives are considered as active when there are backups queued and as "UP" otherwise.
What I already tried :
  • Check that it's not a density problem. That's the most frequent answer when looking for error 800. But as far as I understand, if I didn't change the tapes, this shouldn't be my issue
  • Check it's not a problem of frozen tapes (I even unfroze tapes, but it didn't change anything)
  • Tried to up or reset drives without success.
  • Checked that it's not a problem of configuration. It shouldn't be the case because the configuration didn't change. I however verified with a bpstulist -L (as adviced on a forum), but the number of drives match
  • Restarted netbackup
  • checked with "tpconfig -d" that the tapes are indeed labeled as "UP" even if they are shown as "AVR".
  • /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbrbutil -resetAll
I'm stuck now, and I don't know what to try next. I'm also a bit nervous cause I don't have any backups for some days.

What should I try ?

Thanks for your help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Correct - there is a connectivity problem. The O/S believes the device is no longer there.  Check physical connectivity. If that is fine, try to power-cycle the robot and rescan from O/S.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Marianne
Are you using Standalone drives? Drives in AVR means it's either Standalone or no comms with robot.
Please post output of tpconfig -d as well as vmoprcmd -d.

Nitesh
Level 4
hi

support.veritas.com/docs/278533
 please see this one .

this is usefull for u

Thanks ..

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
check that you have access to the robot.
in the gui go to
Media and Device Management/Drvices/Robots
look at the Enabled colume - does it say yes or no - if it says no then check your master servers connection to the robot.  Like can you run robtest from the master command line?
If have lost your connection to control the robot then all the drives will go avr.

bliblibli
Level 3
I'm not sure about the Standalone question, how could I check this ? Here are the results of the commands : ____________________________________________________________ # tpconfig -d Id DriveName Type Residence Drive Path Status **************************************************************************** 0 IBM.ULTRIUM-TD3.000 hcart3 TLD(0) DRIVE=2 c64t0l0 (server_2) UP 1 IBM.ULTRIUM-TD3.001 hcart3 TLD(0) DRIVE=3 c32t0l0 (server_2) UP 2 IBM.ULTRIUM-TD3.002 hcart3 TLD(0) DRIVE=4 c48t0l0 (server_2) UP 3 IBM.ULTRIUM-TD3.003 hcart3 TLD(0) DRIVE=1 c80t0l0 (server_2) UP 4 QUANTUM.DLT7000.000 dlt TLD(1) DRIVE=5 /dev/nst4 UP 5 QUANTUM.DLT7000.001 dlt TLD(1) DRIVE=2 /dev/nst1 UP 7 QUANTUM.DLT7000.003 dlt TLD(1) DRIVE=4 /dev/nst3 UP Currently defined robotics are: TLD(0) robotic path = MISSING_PATH:QUANTUMA0C0186209_LL1 TLD(1) robotic path = /dev/sg1 EMM Server = pfrbackup001 ____________________________________________________________ # vmoprcmd -d PENDING REQUESTS DRIVE STATUS Drv Type Control User Label RecMID ExtMID Ready Wr.Enbl. ReqId 0 hcart3 AVR - No - 0 1 hcart3 AVR - No - 0 2 hcart3 AVR - No - 0 3 hcart3 AVR - No - 0 4 dlt TLD - No - 0 5 dlt TLD - No - 0 7 dlt TLD - No - 0 ADDITIONAL DRIVE STATUS Drv DriveName Shared Assigned Comment 0 IBM.ULTRIUM-TD3.000 No - 1 IBM.ULTRIUM-TD3.001 No - 2 IBM.ULTRIUM-TD3.002 No - 3 IBM.ULTRIUM-TD3.003 No - 4 QUANTUM.DLT7000.000 No - 5 QUANTUM.DLT7000.001 No - 7 QUANTUM.DLT7000.003 No - ____________________________________________________________ Only the hcart3 drives are relevant here.

bliblibli
Level 3
All the drives are tagged as enabled=yes, but the robot 0 is tagged as enabled=no.

Robotic path says : "MISSING_PATH : QUANTUMA0C0186209_LL1".

Here is the result of robtest :
  TLD(1)     robotic path = /dev/sg1

Robot Selection
---------------
  1)  TLD 0
  2)  TLD 1
  3)  none/quit
Enter choice: 1

Robot selected: TLD(0)   robotic path = MISSING_PATH:QUANTUMA0C0186209_LL1

Invoking robotic test utility:
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest -rn 0 -r MISSING_PATH:QUANTUMA0C0186209_LL1

Opening MISSING_PATH
Error retrieving credentials for NDMP robot host MISSING_PATH.
Robotic test utility /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest
returned abnormal exit status (1).

Robot Selection
---------------
  1)  TLD 0
  2)  TLD 1
  3)  none/quit
Enter choice: 3

Ok so this is my problem right ?

I'm looking for a way to make my connection work again (Maybe I should go to in the robot room and check if the wire is still working ?)

bliblibli
Level 3
Hi,

Thanks you, but I think I already saw this page (I can't be sure, I read hundreds of pages to try to solve my problem). Anyway, I can't see anything I didn't check already (drive density, UP drive, ...), did I miss something ?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
tpautoconf -report_disc

You should then be able to do a:

tpautoconf -replace_robot <robot_number> -path <robot_path>

to correct

Marianne
Correct - there is a connectivity problem. The O/S believes the device is no longer there.  Check physical connectivity. If that is fine, try to power-cycle the robot and rescan from O/S.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
I have my library managed by and AIX master - on that master I have a device called ovpass(this is the device that sees and manages the robot not the tape drives).
Twice something has happened that my ovpass went missing and I had to recreate it to get the library back.

check with your os and see if it has something like this that says it sees the robot, if that is missing try to get it recreated.

Raghuraam
Level 4
When the EMM lost communication with Tape library and drives it usually comes. Incase if we rerun the device configuration wizard this issue will resolve. Even the same was expressed by "J " .

Please retry the same - means try to reconfigure the drives in Master and media server. They try for backup.

Raghuraam

Raghuraam
Level 4
Please clear old configuration drives or robotic arm if any thing is there.

Raghuraam

bliblibli
Level 3
That's was indeed a connection problem.
The wires were ok, but the robot wasn't responding. I just had to power-cycle the robot, wait 15 minutes and the backups started again.
Thank you very much everyone