cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alter NetBackup Server a Linux Client uses

msummers80
Not applicable
Hello,
I have a Linux Client installed.  I would like to change the name of the NetBackup Server it is using.  The last time I did this I reinstalled the client and used the new name on the reinstallation.  I am wondering if there are configuration files I can edit that will change the server I am pointing at.  If so, are there any services I should restart after changing the backup server?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Darren_Dunham
Level 6
The default server will be the first one listed in /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf.

Normally there are no client daemons running.  bpcd launches from inetd on demand.  But if any are running you may need to bounce them.
--
Darren

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Darren_Dunham
Level 6
The default server will be the first one listed in /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf.

Normally there are no client daemons running.  bpcd launches from inetd on demand.  But if any are running you may need to bounce them.
--
Darren

Stumpr2
Level 6
You should always have the master server listed as the first entry in the bp.conf followed by valid media servers for the client.

SERVER = $MASTER
SERVER = $MEDIA1
SERVER = $MEDIA2

If you want to change media servers from $MEDIA1 to $MEDIA2 then change the NetBackup policy to use the storage unit for $MEDIA2