cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An existing snapshot is no longer valid and cannot be mounted for subsequent operations(1542)

MariusD
Level 6

Hi,

after update exchange to 7.5, i receive this error for Exch Incremental Backups: "An existing snapshot is no longer valid and cannot be mounted for subsequent operations(1542)". The error come after a full backup. 

Does anyone know anything acout this error?

Thanks,

Marius

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Previous 7.5 cases opened for this status, involving Exchange, almost always appear to involve some kind of permission issue.

Is NetBackup Client Service running on the Exchange server?

(If not, can you check permissions of the user starting it?)

Any VSS errors?  (what does "vssadmin list writers" show?)

I don't have any actual knowledge but hopefully this will unveil a clue or two to the root cause of your issue.  (Or, spur someone else on Connect to chip in their much more educated guess!)

Good luck!  I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MariusD
Level 6

no idea?

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Previous 7.5 cases opened for this status, involving Exchange, almost always appear to involve some kind of permission issue.

Is NetBackup Client Service running on the Exchange server?

(If not, can you check permissions of the user starting it?)

Any VSS errors?  (what does "vssadmin list writers" show?)

I don't have any actual knowledge but hopefully this will unveil a clue or two to the root cause of your issue.  (Or, spur someone else on Connect to chip in their much more educated guess!)

Good luck!  I hope this helps.

MariusD
Level 6

Hy Cris,

I  found into the Event Viewer from Exchnage server this error:

Exchange VSS Writer (instance 60c930ad-e16e-4831-b0cf-9f148ef7dc7b:55) failed with error code 1295 when processing the post-snapshot event. 

and

Information Store (4332) Shadow copy instance 55 aborted. 

Now I am waiting the respons from exchange administrator.