cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anomalies detection - is there a command to get this number

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

Is anyone aware of any command to get the anomalies count? This is visible when we do login to webui - but having a lot of domains it is cumbersome - thus I was thinking to alert me when this number is greater than 0 with email or in some other way.

10 REPLIES 10

Hamza_H
   VIP   

how about Opscenter? or a script using bpdbjobs command ?

Hi @quebek 

I can't find an  API call available to help but the fact it is in the WebUI implies it must have one. I'll ask. 

THere are also new log directories under the netbackup log dir (nbanomaly*). If you upgraded from an earlier version it is possible that these do not exist (unless you reran the mklogdir command). Thesee log files may also provide the information you are after. 

The database used by the process is a SQLLite one, so if you are proficient at extracting information from this, you could always see what you can see (I have no information on the schema, so you would be on your own). 

Cheers
David 

Hi @quebek 

Following up from my previous post - NetBackup 10 has some new API calls that deal with anomaly detection and reporting. Not sure if this helps you in the short term, but something to work towards.

I'm unable to find anything in earlier NetBackup versions yet (but if I do I'll let you know).

Cheers
David

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

Thank you @davidmoline I am looking forward to hear back from you about this API call for 9.1. We are not jumping on most recent release so we will be waiting for 10.1 or so :)

About SQL - if time will permit I will try to sniff around...

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi @Hamza_H 

I did not find anywhere neither in OpsC nor bpdbjobs anything related to anomalies... But these should be posted to OpsC - my take.... @davidmoline any idea as to why these are not posted to OpsC or I am missing here some knowledge. it would be wise to see on overview page these numbers.... 

Hi Gents

I think the simple answer is that there is no new development happening with OpsCenter. It is being maintained but that's about it. Nor could I find any mention of tables relating to anomaly detection in the schema for OpsCenter version 10.

As part of NetBackup 10 one of the new features available is Integrated IT analytics foundation (which is some of the Aptare analyics product). This is the direction I understand reporting is heading rather than OpsCenter. Have a look at the datasheet for the new version Veritas NetBackup 10 Data Sheet 

Hope this helps
David

Hamza_H
   VIP   
Thanks a lot David !

Hi @quebek 

The API call is (and wont be) published in anything before NetBackup 10. So, sorry not available for use. 

That said, why not upgrdae to the latest version when it comes out next week? The current release cycle is robust and I have heard of very few issues with the new releases. I know a lot of the long term NetBackup admins weren't scarred with the 6.0 release - but that was Symantec, since Veritas took control again, the code quality has been excellent (IMHO).

Cheers
David

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello @davidmoline 

OK than from 10.x we will use it, for sure not from 10.0 ;). I have to admit that the code is of better quality but still I am not considering it as excellent ;)

My most recent finding with VRTS support was documented here - as I did insist a lot to have that in writing https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100052702 

swapnildombale
Level 2
Employee

You can use report API with Anomaly report ID 

https://swagger.javaws.kubert.vrts.io/?urls.primaryName=reports#/Reports/get_reports__reportId_

75637d4c-9375-4352-9857-756354629186

Optionally you can call Anomaly API with required filter can get the count from meta section of response payload 

https://swagger.javaws.kubert.vrts.io/?urls.primaryName=security#/Anomaly/get_security_anomalies

Do let me know if this help.

Thanks

Swapnil