Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another 526 NB-Java application server interface error

marcoyamz
Level 2

Peoples,

When trying to login to GUI I get the following error:

Unable to login, status :526 NB-Java application server interface error.

Some history: I’ve run Netbackup on Solaris through release 7.5.0.6. We are phasing out Solaris, I opted to migrate to RHEL. I upgraded the Solaris instance to 7.6.1. I built a 7.6.1 Linux instance. Similar to a DR exercise, I migrated to the Linux platform. Immediately after though, I was unable to login, receiving the error above. Support’s work around was to eliminate the contents of /usr/openv/var/vxss/credentials. This worked and I went about my business. Recently I tried to upgrade to 8.0. The upgrade failed trying to create some credentials. So it's obvious I need to rectify this problem before the upgrade. I thought maybe when I cutover to Linux, the certs created on the Solaris box were brought in during the DR exercise.

Just for grins, I attached another LUN to the Linux box and performed a fresh 8.0 install, which was successful. With that in mind I thought I might take the certs from the fresh install and copy them to the existing /usr/openv/var/vxss/credentials folder. I did this however still have the same problem. Again, remove those certs from that credentials folder and I can successfully login.

Would appreciate any thoughts on issue.

1 REPLY 1

marcoyamz
Level 2

I found the output of "/usr/openv/netbackup/sec/at/bin/vssat showcred" had not only my existing hostname credentials but a second set of credentials from another domain. (Yes, we did change our DNS domain however opted not to change the NetBackup server due to using FQDN's; lesson learned there.) In a previous post I mentioned I was able to successfully install Version 8 on a second LUN. From that installation directory structure I copied over  "/usr/openv/var/global/vxss/eab/data/root", /usr/openv/var/vxss/at/root" and "/usr/openv/var/vxss/credentials" to my 7.6.1 instance. After starting the application and firing up the GUI, I was able to login without the error.

So... Any thoughts on the consequences of performing those actions? I'll let NBU do it's thing tonight and see how it goes. I did test a couple random policies, including a catalog and it appears to be working ok. If all goes well, my next step is the version 8.0 upgrade.