cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another instance is running while installing NBU 7.5

yogo
Level 3

My client's current version is 7.1.0.3 and it is Windows 2008 R2. My installation is getting failed due to the below error - 

"Another instance is already running" but there is not instance is running at that movement. Please suggest.

6 REPLIES 6

watsons
Level 6

That error message came from Windows, not Netbackup.

Check the event logs to see if any Netbackup process failing, if possible reboot the client and try another installation.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Did you remember to right-click on browser.exe an 'run as administrator'?

One more thing:

What exactly did the message say? Another instance of what

'Another instance of setup is already running' perhaps?

'another installer is already running' perhaps?

As per above excellent post - the message is coming from Windows, not NBU.

If you cannot find the other installation in Windows Task Manager, a reboot will help to kill any hung processes.

yogo
Level 3

Yes, I run the installation as RUN AS ADMIN, but still we are facing the same. We rebooted the server but still we are getting the same. Please suggest.

watsons
Level 6

Download "ProcessExplorer" tool from Windows site to check what could be "running and not exiting".

If not, I would download the installer/patch 7.1.0.3 again and make sure I got the OS type (32bit or 64bit) correct, and verify it can installed on another machine.

Marianne
Level 6
Please tell us the exact error message. Take a screenshot if possible and upload.

Marianne
Level 6

I realize this is a month later, but I have noticed that you have posted in BE forum as well.

Are you trying to install on same server where BE 2012 is also running?

If so, you will have to uninstall BE first. Or find another server to install NBU.