cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyway to resume a failed backup(DONE)?

yadda123
Level 4
I added a standalone drive to my present install(we have a library), and the standalone drive is temporary and we just need to archive some data while not using our normal lto4 drives. Anyway, I kicked off a backup using the standalone drive, but since it's standalone we keep needing to change tapes. What would happen is the backup would fail, but we would be able to resume it after swapping tapes. We just had our 5th failure for this policy using the standalone drive, but I can no longer resume it. It's shows up as "done" and I cant resume. Any chance I can resume it? I do have checkpoints enabled.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You can't resume a job that's done (status code 0 &1).  I think the problem you are facing is the tape drive unloading after each backup, but there is a option to fix this:

How to prevent NetBackup from unloading media from standalone tape device(s) after usage

Hope this tech-note helps. You can also increase the mount timeout in the GUI : Properties > Master Server > Global NetBackup Attributes > Timeouts > Media mount timeout

But the mount time should not work for standalone drives if you ask me.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

yadda123
Level 4
 Or, if there isnt a way to restart the job from where it left off, how can I make sure the job will wait indefinitely for someone to swap out the tapes? Sadly, I was almost done with the backup.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You can't resume a job that's done (status code 0 &1).  I think the problem you are facing is the tape drive unloading after each backup, but there is a option to fix this:

How to prevent NetBackup from unloading media from standalone tape device(s) after usage

Hope this tech-note helps. You can also increase the mount timeout in the GUI : Properties > Master Server > Global NetBackup Attributes > Timeouts > Media mount timeout

But the mount time should not work for standalone drives if you ask me.