cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assertion failed in Netbackup SQL Client when trying to restore

C_Moisan
Level 4

Hello! I'm having a problem when I try to select something to restore with the Netbackup SQL Client (version 7.5.0.6). I am able to start the client then select something to backup fine. When I click on File>Restore SQL Server Objects then on Ok, it will stop responding and eventually give me an error that says "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in dbbackup.exe (5820).

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks!

Chris

2 REPLIES 2

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Have not seen that error before, but the bphdb & dbclient logs can probably shed some light on what the problem is. I would also look in the application and system event log on the SQL server for messages that could be related to this

Without more information my guess is a permission and/or resolution issue

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

No response from the OP.....

Just in case no solution has been found, please double-check the NBU version on the Client.

There was a problem with earlier NBU versions and was supposed to have been fixed in NBU 7.5.0.5.

See this post: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-ms-sql-client-1