cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication error

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Hi,

I am running NBU 7.1.0.2 on a RHEL 5.6 master server, the user accounts on the RHEL server are using winbind and set to the AD names, I can log in correctly to  the Server on a Unix level with the AD accounts.

NBAC is not configured on the Master Server and I am using the auth.conf for authentication for the NB accounts, my own AD account can access the Java GUI for admin however when we try with a couple of other users we get the following issue:

status: 505 Can not connect to the NB-Java authentication service on the configured port - 0

I have checked through several news groups and the Symantec website for a resolution to this and all the checks for the xinetd.conf and services are working correctly, the bpjava-msvc port is listening on the server, I have stopped and restarted the xinetd on the server after checking the entry for the bpjava-msvc is correct.

below are the entries in my nbj.conf (I added the BPJAVA_PORT entry based on one of the Symantec resolutions)

BPJAVA_PORT=13722

VNETD_PORT=13724

PBX_PORT=1556

NBJAVA_CLIENT_PORT_WINDOW=0 0

INSTALL_PATH=/usr/openv/java

INITIAL_MEMORY=36M

MAX_MEMORY=256M

MEM_USE_WARNING=80

FORCE_IPADDR_LOOKUP=0

USE_NBJAUTH_WITH_ENHAUTH=0

NBJAVA_CORBA_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT=60

NBJAVA_CORBA_LONG_TIMEOUT=1800

FORCE_RESET=1

VNETD_CONNECT_RETRY_TIMEOUT=60

USE_OS_DATETIME_FORMAT=0

It is just strange that this is affecting some user accounts and not mine, the error is not reporoduced if I use local Unix accounts.

Any help would be appreciated as I am now lost as to what the error could be

Kev

Attitude is a small thing that makes a BIG difference
1 REPLY 1

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Enable legacy debug logging by running /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/mklogdir first, and observe there are any difference in logs(bpjava-msvc, bpjava-susvc, ...) between successful and failed login.

Also check difference in AD information between your own account and failed accounts.