cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Image Replication

H_Sharma
Level 6

Hello Experts,

I need to know the AIR replication when we have two master domain A and B and want to replicate data from A to B. Few steps are clear till we make trust relationship between two and add both the master servers on replication tab on each storage server (MSDP or OST) on both source and target.

As far as I know we have two create 2 SLPs on each server (Source and Target)

Please let me know the steps for creating two SLPs with Policy what to mention on first SLP and Target SLP with the policy details? I believe the policy needs to be created on the source Server that is Server A. Objective is to replicate from Domain A to B.

I was searching a guide for Auto Image Replication but could not find any. Please help?

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please ALWAYS mention your NBU version - especially when you are looking for documentation. 

SLP config of AIR Replication is covered in NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I 

■ Replication
See “Replication operation in an SLP” on page 621.
See “About NetBackup Auto Image Replication” on page 969.

Replication operation in an SLP
Use the Replication operation for the following types of replication:
■ NetBackup Auto Image Replication to replicate a backup, as shown in Figure 15-11.
See “About the storage lifecycle policies required for Auto Image Replication” on page 982.

page 974: About the domain relationship for replication
The following table describes important configuration differences depending on the devices that are used for NetBackup Auto Image Replication.....

Hi Marianne,

Thanks so much for replying

NBU version is 7.6.0.3 on Windows 2008 Server.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

7.6 NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I 

Config same as 7.7.  simply search for 'replication'.

e.g:

■ Replication
See “Replication operation in an SLP” on page 595.
See “About NetBackup Auto Image Replication” on page 963.