Level 6
Certified

Environment;

Master server:  Windows 2008 R2 with NBU 7.0

Backup host:      Windows 2008 R2 with NBU 7.0

Vcentre:              4.1

ESX host:             4.1

Problem:

Vm's are being auto provisioned and hence need to create a script that will automatically discover and add the new vm’s to the policy and then run a backup. Currently, I browse the new vm’s and then add them manually from the policy GUI. I need to automate this. The script needs only to run once a day to check for new vm’s and add them to the policy.

I do not have VCB framework so previous solutions/scripts do not work with vStorage. Please help.

Note: NBU 7.1 release mentions “Smart Policies for VMware” , does anyone have a clue what this means?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

In 7.1 you'll be able to choose pattern for VMware backups, i.e. "backup all VMs in this cluster" and so on, so NBU will discover new VMs automatically

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mouse

In 7.1 you'll be able to choose pattern for VMware backups, i.e. "backup all VMs in this cluster" and so on, so NBU will discover new VMs automatically

Gerald_W__Gitau
Level 6
Certified

Thanks for that clarification. So for 7.0 we still do not have a solution.....?

Marianne
Level 6

You are normally one of the first to upgrade - why not sign up for FA?

Gerald_W__Gitau
Level 6
Certified

Hi.. I already did...waiting for Monday and hoping for the best. I nowadays trust Symantec more unlike the days of NBU 5.0

Gerald_W__Gitau
Level 6
Certified

Finally 7.1 FA has arrived and from the documeentation it looks like my problem will be resolved - Pg 49 of VM Guide states: