cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic switch over storage unit in SLP if storage unit is down.

RXZrider
Level 3

Hi Experts,

Backups are getting failed to the Storage Appliance if it is gets down. So need to plan the alternate solution/automation of manual steps to avoid the manual change of storage unit in the policy. And delay in firing the Backups.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Create a Storage Unit Group and change SLP to use STUG instead of STU.

Choose appropriate failover criteria.
Extract from NBU Admin Guide I:

■ Prioritized. Choose the first storage unit in the list that is not busy, down, or out of media.
■ Failover. Choose the first storage unit in the list that is not down or out of media.
■ Round Robin. Choose the least recently selected storage unit in the list.
■ Media server load balancing. Choose a storage unit based on a capacity-managed approach.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RXZrider
Level 3

What is the command to change a storage unit in SLP so that i can put in a batch file script that checks if one storage A is down it should switch to B or if B is down it should switch to A.

RiaanBadenhorst

NBSTL

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO43730

Marianne

Create a Storage Unit Group and change SLP to use STUG instead of STU.

Choose appropriate failover criteria.
Extract from NBU Admin Guide I:

■ Prioritized. Choose the first storage unit in the list that is not busy, down, or out of media.
■ Failover. Choose the first storage unit in the list that is not down or out of media.
■ Round Robin. Choose the least recently selected storage unit in the list.
■ Media server load balancing. Choose a storage unit based on a capacity-managed approach.

RiaanBadenhorst

Just take note not to use STUG if you're running AIR

'Note: If creating an SLP for Auto Image Replication, do not select a storage unit group. Auto Image Replication does not support replicating from a storage unit group. That is, the source copy cannot be in a storage unit group.'