cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating VMDK recovery Process

RiyasHussain
Level 4

Hi Team,

We are working on solution to acheive automatic recovery of VMDK files using Netbackup 7.5. We have CLI in 7.6 to achieve the end result.

What are the process that needs to follow in 7.5 and do we have CLI in 7.5 to achieve automatic recovery?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Riyas Hussain A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Ok, as I said in my previous post, this feature was only released in 7.6.0.1. So you cannot use it until you upgrade your 7.1 & 7.5 systems to 7.6.0.x. Might as well just upgrade to 7.6.1.1.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst

Dear Riyas

I'm assuming you're referring the nbrestorevm which you might have use to script the restore. The VMWARE Instant Recovery option is not available in 7.5 so you'll not be able to use it until you upgrade to 7.6.

RiyasHussain
Level 4

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Is there any other option 7.5 for restoring in VM? Customer wants to automate the recovery process for version 7.1, 7.5 and 7.6.

All above version needs to be done individually. So we are in situation to achieve the task.

Regards

Riyas Hussain A

RiaanBadenhorst

Please show me the 7.6 method you're using to be able to comment .

RiyasHussain
Level 4

Hi,

Below command is used for restoring VMDK in 7.6

nbrestorevm -vmw -C <vmName> -L <logFileLocation> -s <startDate> -e <endDate> -w -vmpo  -R <renameFileLocation> -vmtm <transportMode> -vmtd <diskFormat>

Is it possible to user bprestore command for achieving the same result?

Regards

Riyas Hussain A

RiaanBadenhorst

Ok, as I said in my previous post, this feature was only released in 7.6.0.1. So you cannot use it until you upgrade your 7.1 & 7.5 systems to 7.6.0.x. Might as well just upgrade to 7.6.1.1.

RiyasHussain
Level 4

Thanks for your help Riaan. I will discuss the same with Customer.

Regards

Riyas Hussain A