Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatiser pending request

nicoxnoise
Level 3

Bonjour !

J'essaie d'automatiser les alertes au niveau des "pending request":
Voila ce que dit la documentation netbackup (Symantec NetBackup™ Administrator's Guide,Volume II UNIX and Linux Release 7.5, page 178) à ce sujet:

pending_request_notify
The NetBackup Enterprise Media Manger calls the pending_request_notify
script after a pending request is issued for a media resource (tape volume). To
send an email notification when a pending request is initiated, include an email
address in the script where indicated. (The script must be run by the root user.)
Copy /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/pending_request_notify into
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/ on the EMM server. (Usually the master server.)
If the script exists in the /bin directory, the following parameters are passed to
the script: media ID, barcode, action code, robot type, robot number, media server,
volume group, and pending time (in seconds since the UNIX epoch).

Ce script n'est hélas pas présent dans le répertoire /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/.
j'ai donc moi-même créé un petit script qui répond à mes besoins, lorsque je l'exécute manuellement, il est fonctionnel et m'apporte l'information nécessaire, dont voici le contenu:

#! /bin/bash
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmoprcmd -devmon pr >> /tmp/pending-request.tmp
if [ -s /tmp/pending-request.tmp ]
then
        mail -s "PENDING-REQUEST: bande(s) a inserer pour restauration" dsrt.exploitation@univ-tlse3.fr < /tmp/pending-request.tmp
fi
rm /tmp/pending-request.tmp

Je l'ai placé dans le répertoire /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/
J'ai changé les autorisations sur le fichiers en 755

j'ai lancé un test en lançant une restauration nécessitant l'insertion d'une bande afin d'activer le "pending request".

Hélas, mon script n'est pas automatiquement exécuté comme précisé dans la documentation de netbackup (Symantec NetBackup™ Administrator's Guide,Volume II UNIX and Linux Release 7.5, page 178)

Merci d'avance pour votre aide et vos conseils

Version OS: RedHat 5.8
Version netbackup: 7.5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Both the Windows and the Unix guides say the same and the release note too .. but my feeling is that it should go in the

usr/openv/volmgr/bin directory - perhaps try it there?

It will be case sensitive so it needs the correct name

Cant actually find this file anywhere - checked all of the Windows cab files from V7 to 7.5 and it is not there!

Only tech note i found was that in 6.5 it didn't work but supposed to be fixed in a service pack

Good luck!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Google Translate:

Hello!

I'm trying to automate alerts at "pending request":
This is what the documentation says netbackup (Symantec NetBackup ™ Administrator's Guide, Volume II UNIX and Linux Release 7.5, page 178) on this subject:

pending_request_notify
The NetBackup Enterprise Media Manger calls the pending_request_notify
Effective script has pending request is for a media resource Issued (tape volume). to
send an email notification When a request is pending Initiated, include an email
address in the script Where Indicated. (The script must be run by the root user.)
Copy / usr / openv / netbackup / bin / goodies / pending_request_notify into
/ usr / openv / netbackup / bin / on the EMM server. (Usually the master server.)
If the script exists in the / bin directory, the Following parameters are Passed to
the script: media ID, barcode, action code, robot type, robot number, media server,
volume group, and pending time (in seconds since the UNIX epoch).

This script is unfortunately not present in the / usr / openv / netbackup / bin / goodies /.
so I set myself a little script that meets my needs, when I run it manually, it is functional and gives me the necessary information, including the following content:

#! / bin / bash
/ usr / openv / volmgr / bin / vmoprcmd devmon-pr >> / tmp / pending-request.tmp
if [-s / tmp / pending-request.tmp]
then
mail-s "-REQUEST PENDING: band (s) to insert a restoration" dsrt.exploitation @ univ-tlse3.fr </ tmp / pending-request.tmp
fi
rm / tmp / pending-request.tmp

I placed it in the / usr / openv / netbackup / bin /

I changed the permissions on the files 755

I ran a test by launching a restoration requires the insertion of a tape to activate the "pending request".

Alas, my script is not automatically executed as specified in the documentation netbackup (Symantec NetBackup ™ Administrator's Guide, Volume II UNIX and Linux Release 7.5, page 178)

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Both the Windows and the Unix guides say the same and the release note too .. but my feeling is that it should go in the

usr/openv/volmgr/bin directory - perhaps try it there?

It will be case sensitive so it needs the correct name

Cant actually find this file anywhere - checked all of the Windows cab files from V7 to 7.5 and it is not there!

Only tech note i found was that in 6.5 it didn't work but supposed to be fixed in a service pack

Good luck!

nicoxnoise
Level 3

Thanks a lot for your translation and your advices !

I'm going to check and i will come back to give you my return

nicoxnoise
Level 3

excellent !

i've just created a symbolic link in /usr/openv/volmgr/bin directory to my pending_request_notify script (in /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/ directory) and it works perfectly !

#>cd /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/

#>ln -s /usr/opnv/netbackup/bin/pending_request_notify pending_request_notify

here my pending_request_notify script:

#! /bin/bash
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmoprcmd -devmon pr >> /tmp/pending-request.tmp
if [ -s /tmp/pending-request.tmp ]
then
        mail -s "PENDING-REQUEST: bande(s) a inserer pour restauration" your-email@your-domain.com < /tmp/pending-request.tmp
fi
rm /tmp/pending-request.tmp

(I changed the permissions on the files 755)

Thanks a lot for your help !

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

WOW! So every guide ever written has been wrong! I suspected as much - obviously doesn't get  used much!

Glad to have helped