cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available_Media.cmd with Expiration Date

Chris_Hasler
Level 3
In an effort to keep Available & Free media in a 140 slot library, I've been running both the available_media.cmd and the Media Summary report with the verbose option and crossreferencing the two.

Anyone out there have a script which will output the data from the available_media.cmd and include the expiration date for the media?

Better yet a script that outputs the following:

Media ID, Pool Membership, Slot #, Status, Expiration Date

Thanks,
Chris H.
4 REPLIES 4

Jeffrey_Redingt
Level 5
The media list report contains all of that information. The only downside is the pool information lists the pool number not the pool name but you can look at the volmgr\database\pooldb file to see a correlation of the pool names to pool numbers. Other than that it has status, exp. date, kb written, retention, #of images on the tape, etc.

Chris_Hasler
Level 3
Thanks for the information. But the Media Report in the version I'm running (NBU DataCenter 4.5 on Windows 2000 Server) does not show which slot the media is located in the library.

I can use this report though to determine what media I can eject and then go to the media list to see if it's in the library or not.

Jeffrey_Redingt
Level 5
You may be able to add that column to the report. I don't remember if I added it or if it was there by default on the 5.0 MP3 install I am using.

TempoVisitor
Level 4
I have one that shows :
- Expiration Date
- ORPHAN status for media assigned but not present in mediaDB
- NONE status for cleaning tape (you do not want them to be seen as available, do you)
And that can be launched from the media Server.

You want it ?

It only works for UNIX. Damn, I hate windows Batch files !

Kerkael