cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAR-Backups

Dirk_Mueller
Level 5

Hi there,

what criteria is chosen, the policy and the schedule for a user backup from the BAR GUI out?
By that I mean if a client is included in multiple policies with different schedules.

Is it possible to somehow define a prioritization or order?

Greetings and thank you

Dirk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Not that I know off - only I can think off is to separate each client into its own user backup policy.

Can't you use the command line ?

bpbackup -p UNIX_FS  -s weekly_user  -S gobi /

bpbackup -p WIN_FS -s weekly_user -S gobi /C/

Will work perfectly good and select the schedule you want it to.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

The first policy Netbackup encounter where the client is listed and a user backup schedule is defined is selected.

Use the bpbackup command if you want a grantee.

Dirk_Mueller
Level 5

Hi Nicolai,

thanks for your answer.

And there´s no rule for die NB-search?

If I have many user-backup-schedules in one Policy NetBackup will choose any of them?
There´s no way to make one of them to a primary schedule???

Regards

Dirk

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Not that I know off - only I can think off is to separate each client into its own user backup policy.

Can't you use the command line ?

bpbackup -p UNIX_FS  -s weekly_user  -S gobi /

bpbackup -p WIN_FS -s weekly_user -S gobi /C/

Will work perfectly good and select the schedule you want it to.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

I presume you have different user backup schedules to cater for different retentions, number of copies or where the backup goes to? (as there isn't much else to configure for user backups!)

Only place I am aware of (at least for 6.5) in the BAR GUI is: File -> NetBackup Client Properties... under the Backups tab you specify which policy & schedule you want to use & you would have to change it each time if required.

***EDIT***

Otherwise it's as Nicolai has stated:

Backup Policy: The policy to use for user-directed backups of this client. Set this value to any (the default). NetBackup uses the first policy that it finds with both the client name and a user-directed backup schedule(s).

Backup Schedule: The schedule to use for the user-directed backups for this client. Set this value to any (the default). NetBackup uses the first user-directed backup schedule in the first policy that it finds with both the client name and a user-directed backup schedule.