cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR 7.1 Wrong properties on bootServer

baltazarb
Level 4

Hi,

I'm attemptign to configure BMR backups but I am running into an issue with my boot server.  The properties on the boot server are showing up with the wrong IP and wrong architecture.  It is showing as am64 instead of Intel and the IP address of my old server from about 6 months ago on my first attempt. 

My first thought is that it may be using teh old database, but I have since cleared it by using the -undo and deregister commands.  I am running NBU7.1 on Windows 2008 r2. 

Thanks for any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

As "Mark_Solutions" said, here amd64 means X64-bit windows architecture.

Regarding your boot server ip-address issue, make sure BMR boot server resolves to correct ip-address using the boot server name. Run nslookup from BMR boot server.

You can even try:

bmrsetupboot -deregister

bmrsetupboot -register

This should ideally resolve your problem. In case the problem persists then i can suggest your some other workaround which can edit the boot server ip-address from the database.

Thanks.

-Mandar

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

It does tend to only have am64 for anything that is 64 bit so i wouldnt worry about that.

Try running \netbackup\bin\bmrsetupboot -register on your Boot Server to re-register it to see if that resolves your issue

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

As "Mark_Solutions" said, here amd64 means X64-bit windows architecture.

Regarding your boot server ip-address issue, make sure BMR boot server resolves to correct ip-address using the boot server name. Run nslookup from BMR boot server.

You can even try:

bmrsetupboot -deregister

bmrsetupboot -register

This should ideally resolve your problem. In case the problem persists then i can suggest your some other workaround which can edit the boot server ip-address from the database.

Thanks.

-Mandar

baltazarb
Level 4

I was able to get the BMR boot server to come up with the correct IP by temporarly disableing the second NIC on the server.

Thanks guys.