cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR Backup failed with error code 1

kumar_senthild
Level 4

Hi Guys,

Only two clients BMR backup failed with error code 1  "BMRERR: Received BMR error: Errors were encountered while discovering disk configuration. (1).

Master Server :  2008 R2 SP1 STD / NBU 7.1.0.1

Client Server  :  2008 SP2 Ent X64  /NBU 7.1.0.1

I have attched log files.

7 REPLIES 7

kumar_senthild
Level 4

Attached log files

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

I quickly check the log. Looks like disk discovery has failed to find system volume on your windows box.

"System volume not found"

Do you have any atypical system setup on this boxes?

Thanks.

-Mandar

kumar_senthild
Level 4

Nothing special.   But both the servers having 95 Disks.

The two servers having windows 2008 CCR type of cluster.

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Hmm. I think that cluster environment might be a problem while searching windows disk software provider which in turn fails while capturing disk properties.

Do you want to BMR protect all these disks or only system disk/volume protection will be sufficient?

You may want to open a case with Symantec on this problem to get any instrumented engineering binary as a workaround or solution.

Thanks.

Mandar

Suchitra
Level 4
Employee

I just looked at the logs and the issue is because BMR is yet not supporting GPT partitions with EFI Boot yet. This is on our roadmap.

One suggestion: 

If one can convert the System disk to MBR and leave the rest GPT disks as restricted, one can perform a System Only restore using BMR. The GPT disks will remain untouched and available as it is after restore.

BMR will just restore the "System Disk" which is MBR disk.

Thanks

Suchitra

kumar_senthild
Level 4

Thanks for reply..

1, CCR cluster means each node having separate storage

2, OS disk is Basic disk only.

3, I have select only C & D drive in BMR policy.

I have attached disk & backup policy screenshot.

kumar_senthild
Level 4
Can you anyone provide some workaround. I have already raised case , but they are responding properly .