cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR Discovery Process under Unix /Solaris )

Stormchaser
Level 4

Hi to everyone

Our environement is Solaris Sparc 64bit with Netbackup 7.0.1 on SunOS 5.0 (Solaris 10)

We tried to build an adapted ISO-Image (Start-CD/DVD) from a SRT with the Wizard and come accross to the following hangup :

The proccess did not find any Client at the step where the Wizard asks told which clients could be restored with this SRT.

By the same token we observe, that the netbackup-Software and/or the process included proccesses did not complete stopped.

Despite  bpps -a told, that  all proccesses where stopped before i restart netbackup , my collegue told me, that he found some "old" processes.

That processes are around Discovery of BMR.

What could this cause ?

Thank you very much vor any idea or help

Thomas

3 REPLIES 3

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Hi Stormchaser

Actually during BMR SRT ISO creation, no BMR discovery tasks happens.

Please can you list down the processes which you found in hung state.

Did you check bmrsrtadm log generated on bmr boot server for more details?

Thanks.

Mandar

Stormchaser
Level 4

Hi Mandar

The processes were found on the Master-/Mediaserver and not on the BMR-Bootserver. The last one is a Windows System where i could not find any bmrstradm.log.

Did I have to increase the loglevel for BMR ?

Thanks

Thomas

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Hi Thomas,

>> The processes were found on the Master-/Mediaserver and not on the BMR-Bootserver.

This is weird. Nothing expect bmrd should be running on bmr master server. Also no discovery related stuff runs on media or master.

You can find nblog.conf file in netbackup where you can set debugloglevel to 6 and re-produce the problem.

Set it on master, bmr boot server.

It would be great if you can mention steps in detail which you are executing.

Thanks.

Mandar