Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR Failure Error

Nick_Morris
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Certified
Hiya,

Has anyone had this error when backing up with BMR?

18/06/2008 12:49:59 - Error bpbrm(pid=2512) BMRERR: Received BMR error: The .inf file c:\windows\inf\oem6.inf does not have the neccessary information about the driver files. Please install the latest version of the HP StorageWorks EVA 8000 Storage Array Controller Device drivers, which, in most cases, resolves the problem. (1)
18/06/2008 12:50:00 - Error bpbrm(pid=2512) BMRERR: Did not receive bmr client request from *******, status = -1

I am gathering it is a driver issue, but cannot for the life of me see any driver updates at all for this on the HP website or anything. Anyone found a way to get around this? This is causing to store no information at all in BMR because of this.

I have seen the link for http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/300297.htm but this doesn't really help the situation at all.

If anyone has overcome this before, then would be much appreciated on how you overcame this.

Cheers,

Nick
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_Morris
Level 6
Apparently this is an issue with Netbackup addressing multipathing that was meant to be fixed in 6.5.2 but never made it. I have been told it should be in 6.5.3 in the summer. The only way to get a BMR on this is to disable the HP StorageWorks EVA 8000 Storage Array Controller Device (in device manager) before a BMR backup and let it run. This will then capture the BMR with the HP StorageWorks EVA 8000 Storage Array Controller Device shown as disabled. From testing this does not appear to make the server lose the disks if disabled.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Alexis_Gonzalo_
Level 4
Looks similar to the "missing .inf" BMR error. --> The .inf of the driver has not enough information.
I believe you have three options:
a.- Get the same driver (all the files, *.sys, *.inf, etc) and re-install it in the BMR client.
b.- Get the same driver and add it to BMR, using the BMR Boot Server Asistant's Wizards.
c.- Get a better/newer driver and re-install it on the BMR client.

Nick_Morris
Level 6
Apparently this is an issue with Netbackup addressing multipathing that was meant to be fixed in 6.5.2 but never made it. I have been told it should be in 6.5.3 in the summer. The only way to get a BMR on this is to disable the HP StorageWorks EVA 8000 Storage Array Controller Device (in device manager) before a BMR backup and let it run. This will then capture the BMR with the HP StorageWorks EVA 8000 Storage Array Controller Device shown as disabled. From testing this does not appear to make the server lose the disks if disabled.

Raghuraam
Level 4
Hi,

Can you please confirm that "if we disable storage controller, server will loose disks?

Or

can we try upgrading any driver.

Regards
RR